Thursday, May 31, 2007

Welcome Lucy Elizabeth!



Hooray, she's here! Lucy arrived at 8:03 pm on May 21st. She was 7 lbs, 7 oz and 19.5" long. I ended up having an emergency C-section because her heart rate kept dipping too low when I was pushing. We are so blessed and happy that she is a very healthy and beautiful little baby girl. She had a little problem with jaundice at first, and she had to sleep under special lights one night. She is nursing really well, and sleeping about as well as can be expected at night.
We know Bella's world has totally changed, and so, as expected, she has acted up a little more than usual. However, she LOVES her new sister and has definitely given her more kisses than anyone else. She says, "let me get her a kiss," as if it is something Lucy needs just as much as milk or a diaper change. She also loves to hold her, help change her diaper, read to her and sing to her.
Big sister arrives at the hospital: Sisters together for the first time:
Bella in the "I Love Lucy" shirt made by Aunt Sara:


Literally within seconds of getting home from the hospital, Bella brought out a book to read to Lucy:

Bella singing (yes, very dramatically) to Lucy:
Sweet girls:

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

She is BEAUTIFUL! I ADORE the pic of Annabella singing to Lucy. I mean what a classic! I cannot wait to meet her in person!
Love you all...