Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Halloween and Thanksgiving

For Halloween, Bella was a butterfly and Lucy was a ladybug...a very grouchy ladybug, I must add. Lucy ran a fever most of the week between Bella's birthday and Halloween. I was so glad her fever was gone by Halloween, but apparently she still wasn't up for trick-or-treating. We made it to our next door neighbor's house (above), and then it went downhill from there!
She wanted me to hold her from that moment on. It was a bit of a challenge to carry her the whole way and try to get some pictures of Bella at the same time. Brian was at the OSU-Texas game on Halloween night, and oh how I wished he hadn't gone (he did too!).
We trick-or-treated with Brian's side of the family.
Lucy did let Aunt Lisa hold her for about 2 minutes!
I think it's safe to say that Bella DID have a great time though!
With cousins AJ and Jake:
On Thanksgiving, we went to my mom's cousin's house to be with several members of that side of our family. Michael, Stephanie, Sarah (my mom's cousin's college aged kids) and Michael's fiance Leah sat at the table with the little kids and just let them be the center of attention. The little kids loved that!

Lucy made a meal of pickles and mashed potatoes!
We ate, played a game of football, and then ate some more. Bella and Jack even got guitar lessons!
This is my sweet and sometimes spunky 90-year-old Grannie. I reminded Bella that Grannie made the Raggedy Ann and Andy (originally for me) that she now plays with all of the time.

No comments: